SONGS FOR YOUR PLAYLIST


“If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician.”
- Albert Einstein

Music is my best friend. I usually listen to music into the wee hours when I can't sleep. I cranked rock 'n' roll when I was a teenager which I still do every now and then. Music is also my constant companion when traveling so I usually love to put on a good quality headphones or earphones to play songs on my phone. And whenever stress and pressure pin me down, I usually drown myself in music and a cup of coffee. I always feel great afterward.

I enjoy listening to different music genre. I enjoy listening to country-pop, alternative, hip hop or rock, depending on my mood or what time of the day.

Recent research shows that listening to music improves our mental well-being and boosts our physical health in surprising and astonishing ways.

Music always plays a vital part in our life. It helps in shaping our personalities, our identities and even provides a deeper understanding of our experiences and emotions. Besides, you don’t have to be a musician to be in love with music. You just have to feel it.

Here are some great songs you might want to listen to and add on your playlist.



~ Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? ~

This revamped 'Bohemian Rhapsody' is just as perfect for head-banging as the original. Panic! at the Disco's cover is twisted and amazingly beautiful! The smooth vocals intertwines with an impeccable guitar and bass line reaches a salutary realm. Brandon Urie tried to sound vintage and old-timey which is brilliant. This amazing rendition of Queen classic hit is included  on the Suicide Squad soundtrack.



~ So, baby, pull me closer in the back seat of your Rover ~

This single of The Chainsmokers featuring American singer-songwriter Halsey is an electronic song with a "retro" style synthesizer in the chorus. It's an instant earworm with evocative verse. It is an upbeat, dance-worthy jam that surely deserves a spot on your playlist. This song is about trying to reconcile with an ex and see if they can rekindle their feelings for each other.



~ But you will remember me, Remember me for centuries. ~

One of the things that made me love the song is definitely the nostalgic feeling that Fall Out Boys are back from their Hiatus and what’s good about this song is that it gives off the epic feeling. It’s one of the things that you should add to your playlist. The meaning of the song also gives this feeling that, no matter what happen, don’t let things drag you down. And most of all, don’t let your mistakes be just a mistake and grow over you. What it also teaches that do everything you can while you leave and make sure to leave an impression that will be tattooed on the world. Of course, you have to make sure that it is something inspiring for the future generation.



~ Where do the good boys go to hide away, hide away? ~

This song definitely added a touch of class to pop music. The lyrics is undeniably refreshing and catchy. Daya's  voice kind of just fits with the song that makes it even better. It is so realistic and more people should take time to analyze not only it's tone and melody, but its rhythm more than anything else. It is really refreshing to hear someone sing about how dating in the present is. Daya speaks about the superficiality and troubles shown inside our generation. Having sex has been common more than anything and they can't make proper decisions and perceive the bigger picture. She speaks about relationships valuable and lesser commitment is being given. This song definitely needs to be on your playlist.



~ And my favorite thing to do is watch you dream in your sleep. ~

Let’s say this is one of the sickest song that I have ever heard. It’s something in the perspective of a loving character. A new thing in the ear, because it tells you the perspective of a stalker. Watching the music video might give you the creeps, but the way they put it together gives you a cute, young girl, looking out for the love of her life. What more can I say? This kind of song can really give you the creeps, but the way it was delivered gave a more unique feeling to it.



~ The water is mischievous. Ha! I like how it misbehaves. ~

This is one of the songs that I really like from the movie Moana aside from 'How Far I'll Go' and 'I am Moana'. This is about a girl destined to be a chief of her village who's still trying to discover and follow her happiness. Despite what the others are telling, she also wants to listen and understand the voice inside her and follow the path to discover who she is. However, this song also tells you that you can always find happiness wherever you are.



~ And it's a long way forward, so trust in me I'll give them shelter, like you've done for me. ~

One the things that are going crazy on the internet hodgepodge right now in the music videos. Right, I was talking about the animated music video that Porter Robinson and Madeon worked together. It has this story about a girl living on a world that belongs only to her. She creates everything on that world with the help of her tablet, but at the story at the end gives us a lonely message. Now about the song itself. It has such a very meaningful message. Not that you can hear about lately. It’s hard to put it into words, so, I want you to know it for yourself. Listen to it at Youtube, or you can view it right here!


There are a lot of songs that you can listen to but only a few will touch your heart. We fall in love to songs or music not just because of the catchy melodies and dramatic use of instruments, but also because of the messages that they try to tell us. Some songs can provoke us. Some songs will just leave an impact. Some songs will really relate to us. And there would be those songs that are really meant for us.

Music will always change and always become better. And one this is for sure, a life without music would be terribly boring.


(Collaborated with Jerwel of Thoughts For Today blog.)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.