A FEW SONGS FOR YOUR PLAYLIST


"When you're happy, you enjoy the music. But when you're sad, you understand the lyrics."

Nowadays, people are really immersed with music. You'll see people wearing their earbuds and headphones wherever you go. You'll hear songs being played in restaurants, hotels, supermarkets and even on public transport.

I love music. I don't have a great voice but I do sing. I am nonetheless a certified bathroom singer. And listening to music is always one thing I always do everyday. I always play songs on Spotify or saved songs on my phone whenever I wake up, while preparing for the day, during travels or anytime that I feel like it (which is most of the time).

And a person like me who worries about a lot of things tend to listen to certain songs over and over not just because I can relate but because I understand the lyrics. And I always love listening to heartbreaking or depressing songs since they calm my mind and lift my soul thinking that those songs are made just for me.

Well, allow me to introduce you to some beautiful songs that I really love listening to.


If You Leave Me Now - Foxes

Give me a reason why you choose to always hurt my soul
I gave you everything, oh baby, please I have to know
Just answer me the question, are you gonna stay or go?
Stay or go?

This is the best part of the song for me. I fell in love with Foxes vocals on this song which is really great. Aside from that, I can feel the intense emotion she's feeling while she was singing it. Obviously, this song is about a relationship which is on the brink of possible break up which I can totally relate because of failed relationships that I had.


Who You Are - Jessie J

It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising
Just be true to who you are

I really love this song since it reminds me that it's alright not to be perfect. It tells me that life isn't easy, that my heart will get broken and my mind will get confused. However no matter, I need to stay true to myself and that everything's going to be okay.


Change For Love - Little Sea

'Cause even when you're in pieces
You're still a masterpiece
And don't ever feel like you don't measure up

This is a great piece by Little Sea included on their With You, Without You album. When I first heard this song, I got hypnotized by the music itself. So I decided to check on the lyrics and I am hundred percent sure this song is almost about me. Haha. Sometimes dark thoughts keeps roaming inside my mind and I end up keeping them lock in my head. I do keep silent most of the times since everytime I try to explain my thoughts and feelings, I end up not being able to do so that makes it more complicated. But imagine having someone to see you perfectly when you don't even see it yourself.


Daylight - Boyce Avenue Cover

And when the daylight comes I'll have to go
But tonight I'm gonna hold you so close
Cause in the daylight we'll be on our own
But tonight I need to hold you so close

This is Maroon 5's song but Alejandro's acoustic cover of this is really great. One of the most heartbreaking song I heard. Imagine knowing it will be the last night you'll be together and you can't do nothing about it. 


You Make Me Happy - Caylin Cervetti

But I'll always love you (da da da dadum)
'Cause you make me happy (da da da dadum)
And I'll never leave you
'Cause you make me happy (da da da dadum)

Obviously, this is not a depressing song. It has a melody that really makes you feel happy. We are not perfect and we make mistakes, Imagine someone who'll choose to stay and love us despite all that.


I still have a lot of songs that I want to share with you but that's for a different post. You can consider listening to these songs and tell me your thoughts about them.

Life is a song that hasn't been completed yet. Remember that you're life is a masterpiece at work. You'll sing it just a little off key sometimes but you'll learn to sing it beautifully along the way.


4 comments:

  1. Damn, really nice article i would recommend you listening to Love Story by Yelawolf and Best Friend by Yelawolf as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Thanks for letting me know of this songs. I'll check them out.

      Delete
  2. Nice article. Notice will listening and/or singing along with songs, most will remind you of a some period of your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right. And it really feels nostalgic when lyrics is somewhat related to what you went through.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.