ReLIFE | Another Chance


What would you do if you have been given a chance to relive your high school life even for just a year? But reliving it doesn’t mean you’ll have to go back in time. All you have to do is drink a certain kind of drug that will change your appearance to that of a 17-years-old again, then be enrolled in a school where you can be just an ordinary high school student.
It is going to be nostalgic, right?


I happened to come across an interesting manga called ReLIFE. It is an ongoing Japanese science fantasy drama seinen web manga series that follows the story of Kaizaki Arata, a 27-year-old out-of-work man who finds it difficult to gain a full-time job at another company after quitting his last company which he only lasted at for three months. His life changes after he meets Yoake Ryou of the ReLIFE Research Institute, who offered him a mysterious drug and seeks his cooperation to become a subject in a one-year experiment in which he begins his life as a high school student again. But in return all his expenses will be fully covered from food to rent and will be introduced and referred to a company immediately after the completion of the experiment.


I am not particularly a fan of plots about reliving a part of your life. So I thought I would not like it but I found myself enjoying the series. 



The drama, the comedy, the romance and the seriousness of the story were beautifully combined that makes it very interesting, intriguing and funny.  And I love how all the characters are all unique and very tender. The series brought me a lot of smiles while reading it. I’m currently on Chapter 102 and have a lot of questions and expectations about the plot since it’s starting to be more interesting after every chapter.


            I wonder if the anime adaptation is as good as the manga.

            It is written and illustrated by Sou Yayoi.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.